For the propagation of an ideal where science communicators can meet firstly, for drinks; secondly, for communicating; and ultimately, for networking. Joining is easy – just embrace the cause, play the twitter game, sign up at the Facebook site, and pay respect to the following:
- not opposed to alcohol.
- fond of IPCC reports (especially the pictures).
- mostly in agreement with the “truth.”
- into badges.
- grieving for the slow and miserable death of the Hubble Space Telescope.
- possibly possessed of supernatural powers.
- not in the business of total world domination
- committed to the constant and diligent presentation of science stories, be it to editors, producers, directors, educators, relatives and/or friends of various ilk, in an effort to lessen the gap that is this thing we call public scientific literacy.