The “I’ve been envenomated by one of my research subjects” badge David NgJanuary 19, 2010June 22, 2013Badges Post navigation PreviousNext Snakes, scorpions, other anthropods, various spiders, insects, etc. All good. Near death stories are a bonus. (JKS) AdvertisementShare this:TwitterFacebookPinterestTumblrLike this:Like Loading... Related
What about bacteria? If a microbiologist is accidentally intoxicated by one of their microbes, would that count?
What if you were squirted in the face by caco2 cells? Normally these guys are pretty tame but sometimes they get aggressive and channel their inner clams.
Envenomation is in the eye (or more often the skin) of the beholder, so go for it! BTW, you also definitely qualify if you’ve been envenomated by a plant — don’t want to leave out the nettle-heads! And there’s no reason to be picky about technicalities — if you’ve been stung by a nettle while collecting caterpillars, that still suffices. Disclosure: I suggested this badge. I’ve done a lot of work with stinging Hymenoptera, and a few of them have, of course, struck back!